Telecom ParisTech provides « custom-built » training that makes it unique among engineering Grandes Ecoles in France: students can choose their own training program based on their personal references and career aspirations.
On the Paris Campus, depending on your background and on your interests, you can choose among 14 study tracks (one study track for the entire programme).
The postgraduate program spans over the second and third years of study. Students may complete their Master of Science in Engineering (diplôme d’ingénieur) in two years.
Second year : the study tracks
- choose one study track (20 credits) among the fourteen tracks proposed. Some of the tracks offer different choices.
- choose a second study track (20 credits), or pick courses among those tracks for the same amount of credits.
- follow 8 complementary courses (20 credits), in science and humanities.
- follow two weeks with international students (Athens program, 3 credits)
- choose language courses (4 credits per semester) as well as personal and professional skills courses (3 credits per year) from a wide range of courses.
- (60 ECTS credits at least are required each year)
In the second year, the scientific courses are spread over four different time slots of two half days each per week (slot A, B ,C for optional study tracks and slot D for all students). Students must choose two study tracks programmed in two different slots.
Please check the catalogue of courses.
Third year: options and internship
Students choose an area of speciality they will focus on for 6 months and a 6-month engineering internship (in France, if their previous studies were not in France).
They may choose between different 3rd year programs (« Options ») :
- a speciality linked to the 2nd year program at Telecom ParisTech for a semester (240 hours), and an engineering internship for the other semester ;
- or one of the selective Master of Science programs (M2) proposed elsewhere within the University of Paris Saclay or in other Parisian university, which includes an internship. This choice gives them a double degree (diplôme d’ingénieur et diplôme de Master). Some of these M2 are in English.
Their academic advisor help them choose their 3rd year. Please refer to the description on each study track to see the recommandations of the academic advisors and to the description of the Master of Science programs open to our students (double degree).
Please check the catalogue of courses for more information.