Telecom ParisTech provides « custom-built » training that makes it unique among engineering Grandes Ecoles in France: students can choose their own training program based on their personal references and career aspirations.
On the Paris Campus, depending on your background and on your interests, you can choose among 13 study tracks (one study track for the entire programme).
The postgraduate program spans over the second and third years of study. Students may complete their Master of Science in Engineering (diplôme d’ingénieur) in two years.
Second year : the study tracks
- choose one study track (20 credits) among the thirteen tracks proposed (see below). Some of the tracks offer different choices.
- choose a second study track (20 credits), or pick courses among those tracks for the same amount of credits.
- follow 8 complementary courses (20 credits), in science and humanities.
- follow two weeks with international students (Athens program, 3 credits)
- choose language courses (4 credits per semester) as well as personal and professional skills courses (3 credits per year) from a wide range of courses.
- (60 ECTS credits at least are required each year)
In the second year, the scientific courses are spread over four different time slots of two half days each per week (slot A, B ,C for optional study tracks and slot D for all students). Students must choose two study tracks programmed in two different slots.
Time Slot A:
- Image (IMA)
- Stochastic processes and scientific computing (MACS)
- Distributed Software Systems (SLR)
- Communication devices and systems (SOCOM)
- Infrastructures and Networks Security (SR2I)
Time Slot B:
- Human-Computer Interaction & 3D Computer Graphics (IGR)
- Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science and Operation Research (MITRO)
- Networking (RES)
- Digital Signal Processing: Models and Applications (SIGMA)
Time Slot C:
Time Slot D: elective courses for all students, who have two half days off per week for self-study.
- Science and technology : INF224 Programming paradigms: theory and practice | SD202 Databases | INF280 Programming project : practical cases and contests | MDI210 Optimization and numerical analysis | MDI220 Statistics | SI221 Foundations of pattern recognition
- Economics and social sciences : SES201 The Digital Transformation of Firms | SES202 Management – theory and practice of company analysis | SES203 Technology and social studies | SES204 Digital Cultures and Sociability | SES205 Work in creative industries | SES206 Cinema, Society and Management | SES207 Digital Writing and Reading | SES208 MOOC Innovate and foster entrepreneurship in a digital world
- Law : DROIT-COMP Comparative International Law (in particular for international students) |DROIT-TECH Technologies and Communication Law | DROIT-TRAV Labor Law
- Humanities : CG201 Geopolitics : global issues |CG203 Philosophy |CG204 Introduction to the opera music | CG205 Political Science : Institutions, power and society in France |CG206 Philosophy of science | CG207 Anthropology | CG208 Sociology : analysis of society |CG210 History of modern art | CG211 Telecommunication and innovation sociology | CG212 Psychoanalysis : an introduction |CG215 Introduction to architecture | CG221 History of contemporary art
Third year: options and internship
Students choose an area of speciality they will focus on for 6 months and a 6-month engineering internship (in France, if their previous studies were not in France).
They may choose between different 3rd year programs (« Options ») :
- a speciality linked to the 2nd year program at Telecom ParisTech for a semester (240 hours), and an engineering internship for the other semester ;
- or one of the selective Master of Science programs (M2) proposed elsewhere within the University of Paris Saclay or in other Parisian university, which includes an internship. This choice gives them a double degree (diplôme d’ingénieur et diplôme de Master). Some of these M2 are in English.